When we got Molly, she had a bare spot of skin on her side and back above her tail. Over the last three months, it has grown a little to where it is(was) about a centimeter long. We were quite proud at this accomplishment and happy for Molly to finally have some "butt fur". The rest of Molly's fur has grown much more and so she could hardly see out of her gray curtain. Because of this reason as well as her getting hot, I decided Molly should really get her hair cut.
I was a little concerned with the language barrier and finding a place to get her hair cut. Finding a place turned out to be no problem-there is a vet in our building. But, trying to speak in simple English mixed with Korean as well as the language of "dog haircuts", proved to be more difficult. Normally, I have no idea what to tell my hairdresser to do with my own hair let alone a dog's. So, I handed over the trembling Molly to the hairdresser and they told me to com back in 2.5 hours (does that seem like a long time to you?).
I came back expecting that they shaved all of her fur off and that's just about what they did. I've always wanted a makeover, but after seeing Molly's outcome, I might think twice about drastically changing my look. POOR Molly! She was given a buzz cut but left with fluffy pom-pon ears, some cheek fluff, and a pom-pon for a tail. I was quite shocked seeing her in this state as well as looking like she dropped ten pounds. The vet carried her down to me and said, "You like?" I replied, "Uhhhh, I guess?" What was I going to say and how would the problem be fixed? Thinking back, I probably should have tried to tell them to trim her ears so she wouldn't look as ridiculous, but oh well. I was holding her a little scared wondering if I had the right dog and what Jon would say. I opened the door to our house and tried to prepare Jon because he really loved her fluffy face and fluffy feet. Jon was quite shocked and is still shocked.
Molly's new look is difficult to get used to, but we can tell she is the same old Molly, plus it is nice to see her cute eyes! Anyways, that is the story of Molly's Extreme Makeover: Doggy Edition. Below are some before and after pictures as well as some videos of her. Some pictures and videos show Molly's Dolly, her only toy that she likes to play with. But, looking at the latest pictures of Dolly, it looks as though she will need to be replaced....
8 comments:
Hi Jon and Anika,
Dad and I LOVED your videos. We laughed and laughed. It felt like we were right there with you for a few moments. Do more of those.
Love Mom
By the way, are you sure you got the right Molly back? She's cute, though, and I bet a lot cooler.
Love Mom
Oh, molly! just remember... PERSONALITY is EVERYTHING!!! Not to fret! hair grows out. take it from someone who knows!
I also love love love the videos and would like more! gee, jonathon, you're almost as good a dancer as molly! and her dolly.
la la la, molly!
loves to you 2 and my fluffy-eared grand-pooch! oh, and YES, I agree, your mug, molly is DARLING no matter what!
xoxoxoxoxo
GROWL!!!!
This is Chipper. How come I never got my hair cut to look cute. I also don't get to play on a bed…I sure would like to chase that rag doll, though!
I am also disappointed that I weigh too much to make the baggage limit when Mr. & Mrs. H fly to Seoul, and of course, leave me behind!
Haha, all of these comments are great! Chippie Link, don't worry, everyone still loves you. You can meet Molly someday!
Anika! I love your blog and your little puppy!! I miss you guys, and I just wanted to say hi and that I am trying to stay closer with my friends...no matter how far away they are! I have a blog now, as you can see I think. Love you!
Maria, so good to hear from you! I will add myself to your blog, yay!
Thanks for the post.
Hmmmm, someday I guess I can promise to send you a lock of my hair...although it will be harder now that I have short hair to part with it! Hahahaha!
Post a Comment