Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring is Coming!

Spring is in the air! And after a 57 degree day, it better be! We have had some lion-like days lately and I'm about ready to be done with them. I love winter and all but it's the rough transition from pretty snow and still days to cloudy skies and cold, windy days. So tomorrow with a promise of 62 degrees sounds even better! Apparently I am living south enough where we get these warm days early on, even before winter is officially done. Whereas in Birchwood, we are still betting on which day the ice will fall out, which usually ends up being in mid-April, still a month away.

Being outside with the kids today was great since I didn't have to wear a coat and the sun was shining warmly on me. I do miss my friend, Vitamin D during the winter. After school, I got home and took Molly for a walk around the entire loop of our complex. We hadn't done this since November and it was wonderful to go on such a nice walk together. Her poor patties get so cold with the snow that she holds up one foot and refuses to walk any further. It's pretty pitiful. Therefore, we were not walking any further than she wanted to, which was basically out to our corner and back. As we walked, I could smell the ground thawing that I love so much. Besides the smell after a summer rain, the spring thaw smell is one of my favorites. It reminds me that things are starting over and that life is springing forth where things seemed to be dead. It's just so beautiful! I can't wait to explore the buds with my students and see all the new things growing! Seeing the bright blue sky always makes me smile and I get so happy! I am also looking forward to more lamb-like days ahead for more nice walks with Jon and the Pocket.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Hey, you're wearing the earrings I made you! You and Molly Pocket look very happy on your spring walk. Is that a bird she spied? Or is she asking, "Mama, where shall we go next?"

Deb said...

Thanks for the lovely picture of your and Molly's walk and observations! It is so refreshing and endearing to hear of your simple joys of so much that God has given...It brings a sweet joy to my heart also!
love you both! and the molly, too!
Thanks again mr jon, for that photo of Molly! I'm still laughing!:-)))