I can't believe we are getting so close to the end and to meeting our little one soon. This time has really flown by and often times I wish I could have more time; not getting better, but to do more things with Jon or to get prepared. One fear I've been having a lot lately is just my time with only Jon and I feeling a lot like sand in an hourglass. We are excited to be a family of three, but it's bittersweet thinking of not having just us two. But, I know that after having this little one, we will not be able to imagine life without him or her. And after all, we've had almost 6 years together and more to come with a happy little family. Seriously though, we are very excited to meet our little one. Last night, Jon and I had a nice time of prayer for the baby as well as our own time having a theological discussion over food and relaxing. I treasure these times to connect. This last weekend, I also treasured our time with our wonderful friends, Mic and Sarah. As most of my blog followers should know by now, we met Mic and Sarah while in Korea and we developed a special bond with them. I think we've always felt comfortable as though we were all siblings together. It is even more special now that both Sarah and I are pregnant, me being about 9 weeks ahead of her. They were in fact the first to find out that we were expecting when we met them over Labor Day. We were pretty early along, but knew we couldn't spend the weekend with them and not tell them! When we first told them, I think Mic thought we were joking and so he started joking about it. Until I responded with, "No, seriously, I'm pretty sure beer is bad for the baby (obviously)."
This weekend with Mic and Sarah was pretty relaxing since it was cold and Sarah and I were both tired pregnant women! On Saturday while Jon worked, the three of us went to an outlet mall across the border in Wisconsin and found a few baby things. On Sunday, we enjoyed a nice lunch together before doing some more exploring and shopping around. But, our favorite parts of the weekend was playing music together. We had our own little bluegrass band including a banjo, guitar, violin, and mandolin. I recorded a video of one of Riley's songs that they wrote. We had only played it together a few times, so it was not perfect but definitely fun to learn together.
In case you missed Sarah's picture on Facebook, here's a "Perfect fit" for playing bass. I said, "It's like it's made for a pregnant woman." Nice that they made the curve to fit a round belly.
I have a feeling it won't fit for long though. My belly is now starting to get in the way of even more things such as reaching in the kitchen sink and the stove. This makes necessary tasks more painful and difficult. Baby! You're getting in the way!
I have a feeling it won't fit for long though. My belly is now starting to get in the way of even more things such as reaching in the kitchen sink and the stove. This makes necessary tasks more painful and difficult. Baby! You're getting in the way!
![]() |
| Picture courtesy of Mic and Sarah |
This will be my 31 week picture since we failed to take one while they were here. Sarah is about 9 weeks behind me, so there is a bit of a difference...I love this girl and so excited to meet their little boy.
Mic and his banjo



2 comments:
Well, are not those 2 tummy-baby-girl-pals just the cutest thangs?! What tres belle fun to have such close chums having bambino's close together!
Thanks for the vid! Play on!
Just one hint, Mic, be sure you wash up that diaper before you throw it on the kid!:-)
xo's
I love your music! 21st Century with everyone reading their music from a computer!! And my grand baby is growing and growing. Yes, it will be getting in your way now. And you'll be happy to meet him/her and regain your space. I'm getting so excited to find out who he/she is. The looks, the name, the personality. So much to look forward to!!!
Post a Comment