Sunday, March 17, 2013

34 weeks

Jon and I failed to take a 33 week picture because we had a busy last weekend.  My parents came for a visit and as we normally take a picture on the weekend, the time slipped by us!  We all meant to take pictures since family was in town and the only ones that we managed to take were at my midwife appointment!  Before leaving town, my parents came along to my appointment and got to meet one of the two midwives that I am with as well as drive by the hospital where Jon and I will be.  The midwife said everything was looking great and baby is still head down.  In a few weeks, we'll have our final ultrasound to see if it's facing the right way and try to sneak one more glimpse of what our little one looks like before he or she decides to leave their wombie womb. 
The weekend with my parents was a nice and relaxing one that also included me using their bathtub and swimming pool!  I loved being able to get some exercise and feel almost weightless at the same time, what a joy.  We do not have a bath where we live, so it was also relaxing for my achy body to sit in a warm tub.  We also had a fun time going to a few places for baby things, tasty food and a special shared birthday dinner for Jonathon and I at Jameson's Charhouse. 

We got a tasty, little birthday cake from Mariano's Market.  It's one 
of my favorites: a yellow Madeleine cake!  Yum! 

34 weeks
We are pretty much ready for the baby to come, just a few last minute things and to finish packing my hospital bag!  Oh, and after such a difficult time with names, I think we have some possibilities that we are both loving.  We'll wait to see what the little one looks like so we'll know for sure.  In a month or so, our lives will dramatically change, but we are so excited to meet this wild and wooly one!  We love him or her so much already! 

2 comments:

Mrs.Enger said...

Dear Grand baby, You are getting so big that your mama is running out of room for you to grow! That must mean you are almost ready to be born! And what a joyful day THAT will be! I can't wait to see what you look like, who you are, what your name will be. You will have a wonderful mama and papa. God has placed you in a wonderful family! We love you.
Grandma Diane

Deb said...

Hey, Sweetie,
You and Mr Jon will know also the better/best name for the bambino/a by her/his ways and personality pretty soon after birth! Remember, I almost had my heart totally set on you being a "Marisa" until you were born! NOT a good fit! LOL.
lytdy!