Saturday, April 13, 2013

37 week catch up

I seem to be getting behind as the weeks wane on.  But, there is a reason as to why I'm a little late and that's because Jon's beloved grandpa passed away on Easter.  His grandpa was a very special man and really welcomed me into the family and made me feel extra loved.  We will really be missing him.  Jonathon was gone for the weekend during that time to be with him and family and since he has come back it's been a whirlwind.  I was very glad that we felt comfortable to be separated during a time when it was important for Jonathon to see his grandpa and family and also glad that the bambino/a did not decide to come out early.  
But, now that we're nearing the end of our 38th week, we're ready for the baby to just come already!  I have been getting quite tuckered out, especially still working full time and I am just dead in the evenings.  And yet, I don't sleep well during the night.  For one thing rolling over is horribly uncomfortable and difficult and if I don't roll over, my hips go numb and hurt like none other in the morning.  Another thing that hinders my sleep is Jon not being there three nights a week and then coming home early in the morning.   The Pocket Baby is a good cuddler, but not quite the tall size that I'm used to.  In fact, here is a picture of her taking over Papa's pillow. 

But when Jon is home, this is how Molly likes to sleep: still taking over Jon's pillow.  I often find her like this in the mornings.  Jon, though, never realizes that she's wrapped around his head...

We had our final ultrasound this last week and baby was still in a good position, but was measuring big for my technical week.  They said I'm more like a week ahead schedule, so maybe we'll be seeing the baby a bit sooner!  In the ultrasound, we got to see the baby move their tongue in and out of their mouth, their healthy heartbeat, as well as some hair on their head!  But what color will the hair be, it could be anything based on Jon and my hair history!  While meeting with my midwife, she checked my belly and then grabbed it and talked to the baby and said, "Okay, you're done cooking, you can come out now!"  We'll see if the bambino/a listens to her and all the other people encouraging it to come out.  We are very excited to meet this little one and see who they are and give them lots of love!  
 I do not have our typical side view picture for our 37th week, but these are even better!  My dad helped take some pictures as I realized we didn't really have any of us together during this pregnancy (how sad).  Thanks dad! 

Hide and Seek-If I can't see you, you can't see me...

Such a sweet man!

Still can't find me?


 Thanks for visiting after your fun baseball game!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though you are feeling so weary, you are lookin' FINE! Even MORE than FINE! Most beautifully because you're shining from the inside out FINE!

BTW, I think you should also put up the pic of Molly's "usual" sleep position when Jon IS there! LOL.

Love ya's! your smh!

carlamom said...

Very pretty, little mama! Cute of you and Jon, and super nice with your mom and dad!