Saturday, November 2, 2013

Half-Birthday Boy

Well, this little munchkin is already 6 months!  Whoa!
I just can't believe how the time has passed!  Although there were so many times when I thought, "This will never end!  He will always be doing this or he will never be able to do this!"  Well, we've moved past a lot of these things that I was so frustrated about.  All, but maybe his sleep.  Levi is just so ready for what the world has for him that he's not much of a sleeper.  His naps are quite brief and although the first part of his nighttime sleep has recently been consistently longer, his 2am and beyond is generally hourly.  He apparently just wants to be with his Mama...thanks Levi, I feel the love, kinda.  Thankfully I have had great friends and family to give me advice, support, and breaks when I needed it.  Some friends and family have also watched Levi so Jon and I could  coordinate these breaks and go out on dates.  Woohoo!  Thank you for thinking of us and taking care of Levi!  

Levi's personality is starting to come through in bits and pieces and we love to see more of who he is.  We already know he is very serious about all his baby work, is curious and loves to explore, loves watching his Papa and Molly, and loves to smile and bat his eyes at others in his bashful way.  Oh, also, we have learned that he is quite ticklish like Mama.  He has quite the belly laugh.  I can't wait to learn more about him.  I think it's so fascinating to watch him see and explore things that he's never seen before in his life or to try to figure out what an object is like.  I can see this kid being a tinkerer in the future.  Better hide all the electronics and anything that can be taken apart!  No, I love this side of him.  I am so thankful every day to be able to be home with Levi and not have to miss out on all his growth and playtime.  Thinking about only spending a few hours a day with him is an awful thought to me.  Even though it was at first frustrating and a little odd how things played out in my decision to not go back to work, I can see how God was also working and I am thankful.  Of course, I do miss teaching, my coworkers, and the kids, but I have been able to visit and it's always wonderful to see them and have an exciting greeting. 

Levi and I still enjoy taking walks outside, even though it has gotten cooler.  Thankfully Molly is donning her winter coat and Levi can get bundled up as well. 

 Love my little boy!  So thankful for my days home with him. 

I am hoping to do some more blogging, but recently I have had problems with time...as well as uploading my pics from my phone.  Apparently, Android and Mac do not love each other.   Bear with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a kid! He really is the "Mr Earnest" as he does hie baby work! And yet can break out into those adoring and adorable smiles! SUCH FUN! Oh, Anika, I am so happy for you to enjoy so much of his young life! God shows us each step of the way how we are to go, and we can trust His leading!

Thanks for this wonderful update about the Lovely Levi, already 6 months young! xoxoxoxoxo