Jon's been very busy with his first summer class. Theology II started two weeks ago and went for 8 hours of class every day for 5 days straight. Since then, he has been reading, testing, and finishing up the rest of the assignments for the class. He is so diligent and I'm proud of him for pressing on! But, as we were talking, Jon and I came up with some hints of how you can tell if you or someone else in your life is truly a graduate student.
You know you're a grad student when....
- You grow a beard without realizing it
- You brew a pot of coffee at 9pm
- The couch has an indentation of your bottom from sitting there and studying for days
- You count the days by how many hundreds of pages you've read (or have yet to read)
- The only large amount of quality time you get with your spouse is silently reading in the same room together.
And on and on the list could go... But, only a little while longer and then he gets a little break until Greek starts up for a month and I become a "Greek Widow". I surely am thankful for the time we have together whether it's dinner, or chatting between reading breaks. So proud of my boy and his hard work!
4 comments:
I be proud of mr jon also! (and you, too, girl!)
xoxo
Oh it is so funny, what you wrote. Dad and I had a good laugh over it. We sure are proud of your endurance. That was a Bible verse prayed over you your freshman year at Bethel, remember? "I will run the race that is set before me." Can't wait to see you in a few days!!!
fabulous!
Love it, Anika.
He be YOUR MAN!
Greek means he's graduated for sure.
;)
(PS Can he whisper sweet nothings into your ear yet in Greek? Or has he come up with a Greek nickname?
When he does, you know he's really into it beyond anything. lol)
Post a Comment