Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Korean Birthday, Molly

Yes, it is Molly's 2nd birthday/anniversary of getting brought home/adopted by us. I loved her right away with that love you have when something is utterly pitiful and helpless. For those of you who don't know, I will try to give a quick recap on how Molly came into our lives. When we moved to Korea, Jon made me promise I would not touch any animal while there (for rabies and other lack of vaccination reasons) and for those of you who know me, that is nearly impossible. So, what did I do? I started looking online at Animal Rescue Korea, dangerous. I found out about fostering dogs while finding homes for them and really wanted to do it. I told Jon I was meeting up with some animal rights people to go to a shelter in the country. Now, we seem to have a little disagreement in whether he said I could take anything home or not..so when I came home I said, "Don't look. I might have something with me, but it's taking a shower first." Before going up to our apartment, I stopped by the veterinarian on the first floor of our building to try and communicate about her skin problems. It happened to be late at night and the nurse there had me call the vet at his house to try to communicate to him. It was a weird experience. Anyways, since Molly had hardly any fur and looked horrible, I figured I may as well clean her up before presenting the little waif to Jonathon. I can't even imagine what was going through his mind at this point. I think Jon gave a big sigh something to the effect of "Why did you do this? Who is my wife?" sort of thing. I brought her out and she was a little wary of Jon, but later on in the night, Jon made her a little bed in one of our suitcases and covered her up with one of his own T-shirts; what a guy! Anyways, I could add so much more, but long story short, no one ended up adopting her so we prayed about it and felt that God wanted us to take her home. We are so happy we had her in Korea as she made our lives and time there so much better!
Happy Birthday Molly Pocket!


Since I had a 14 hour day today, I made no dog treat cake like
last year and didn't have any new toys. Instead she got some
rawhide chewies that she never gets. Hooray for her!




Sorry about the sideways videos, by the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, Molly! I be sorry i missed your b-day! BUT YOU HAD TRES BELLE FUN anyway! AND how VERY gooooooood you did with holding your chewy bones! I will tell Chippie and she'll be SO proud of you!
love your grammy slurp and lick and hug!