Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Teachaaaa, you do B-B-Q?"

Thursday marked the end of the semester for both Jonathon and  I!  It was wonderful to finally be over and done with.  We both finished up with language exams, a Spanish oral test for me and Hebrew for him.  Jon had three other exams to study for so we did not see much of each other.  So once everything was over with, we were happy to have the weekend to spend together.  Finally, a time when neither of us had school commitments and could relax.  Friday night, we had already planned a little end of the semester celebration with our friends Kate and Matthew.  Since Jonathon and I talk about Korea and the wonderful food, they were interested in trying some Korean BBQ, which we of course did not turn down!  We ended up going to a new place and will definitely be going back there again.  This BBQ restaurant has a buffet option where you can order as much meat of any kind until you are stuffed to the gills.  Besides the multiple never ending sides, we ended up having 5 plates of meat including galbi, bulgogi, samgyupsal, and spicy bulgogi with squid.  Although I'm not a big meat eater, I realized how badly I missed the sweet bulgogi and perfectly seasoned galbi.  I can't wait until we are able to go back again! 

 Quite authentic, don't you think?  

Yum, yum!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Yes! YUMMMMMMERS! I hope that we might be able to go to a place like that then visitng you guys!

And SOOOOOOO happy for you that you're each done with another schooling milestone! Hope your week is fruitful, if not "schoolful"!
loves to you both!

Diane said...

Looks yummy and looks like some pictures from Korea. Dad wants to check that place out next time we come but he says he'll have to practice with chopsticks first! What a great way to celebrate the end of semester.
Love Mom