This weekend, Jonathon and I were blessed to have my brother and sister in law come down for the long weekend! We love seeing them and having lots of fun together, so it was definitely hard saying goodbye yesterday and walking back into an "empty" home.
On Saturday, we went to a Brewer's game against the San Fransisco Giants. It was an amazing game with some great plays to see live. The game included a crazy in field home run by Gomez and the game even ended with a suicide squeeze!
One of the best things about going to a Brewer's game is that you have the space to sprawl out and tailgate for a few hours. I always am confused when I talk about tailgating and people don't know what it is. Doesn't everybody know what this amazing part of a baseball game is? I always look forward to having tasty brats, snacks, and time with family. I'm very glad that I grew up going to baseball with my family and having a field that has space to allow for tailgating.
All of us and half of Anders...
On Sunday, we went to church and afterwards decided to go to Chicago to eat at a famous BBQ restaurant called Smoque. It was actually visited by Guy Fieri from "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" on the Food Network. Below, you can watch a video of it, but to be warned, after watching it you might want to come visit us just so you can eat there...
It had been raining and storming all day, but had just about stopped. That is, until we walked up to get in the line that led outside of the restaurant. We didn't have umbrellas but as the downpour came, we saw that Smoque provided them for you! We stood in the monsoon for quite awhile until we could make it through the door way to then wait for even longer. My brother especially wondered if the wait would be worth it, but once we started smelling the food and seeing it, we knew our tummy's were going to be very happy.
Notice the nasty sky in the background, it was horrible out there. Thankfully, I have a guy who's willing to get soaked in the rain in order to keep me dry. 
My platter of scrumptious baked macaroni and cheese, smoked beans, beef brisket, vinaigrette coleslaw and their homemade BBQ sauce!
We are both cold, wet, and slightly crazy, but sooo loving the BBQ! I am holding their baked smoked beans. Yes, smoked, oh and mixed with the leftover brisket from the day before. I don't even really like baked beans, good thing these were not ordinary baked beans! Aaaaaamazing!
Sunday night and Monday basically consisted of hanging out, snacking on wonderful foods, and playing games together. What more could you ask for? But sadly, they did have to go. Thankfully, though, we get to see them along with my parents for two Brewer's games in July! We miss them and are excited to see them again soon!
"Heeeeeyy Hermano."







2 comments:
Oh what fun you had over the weekend together. The pictures make me miss you badly!
oh, my word! i foolishly watched that video! But glad I already have eaten lunch!
SUCH FUN! So pleased it was such a good time for all, and that A&E visited; you are always so welcoming, even when you're so extremely busy!
lytdy!
Post a Comment