Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Hebrew...

I am really glad to say that tomorrow is the last day of Jon's summer Hebrew.  After tomorrow, I might be able to actually see my husband and spend time with him.  Jon is probably happy to have the option of having more than a few hours of sleep as well.  He has been very good at trying to use any break or free time to spend with me, but mostly he's just studying a lot or faithfully working at the library.  At least this class is only half as long as Greek was last summer.  But, he has three more classes this summer to go, so he will still be quite busy.  I am very proud of him as he is working very hard and doing a wonderful job!  Tonight, we spend time together by helping him study for his final exam tomorrow morning.  He read out of the Hebrew Bible while translating into English and speaking it to me as I checked his translation that he wrote out earlier.  I was proud as he read Jonah aloud at a pretty good pace while also translating in his head; aren't you impressed as well? This weekend is one of our only free weekends as I don't work (so far) and he has no school.  Therefore, Jon said I can choose anything to do with him!  We don't know at all what we'll do, but I am very much looking forward to the weekend.  It is even supposed to cool down rather than being at 100 degrees, so anything else will be comfortable and nice for outdoor activities.
We do appreciate your prayers during our crazy summer schedule; thanks for checking in!
Anika

2 comments:

Diane said...

We are proud of BOTH of you being so faithful in your callings. We love you too and can't wait to see you 4th of July weekend.

Deb said...

YES! This is GOOD GREAT GRAND NEWS! AND YES, God has really blessed you, Mr Jon, with a fine mind and way with languages! And more. BUT YOU also have put your feet to it in no small way and it is precious in HIS and our sight! Every moment will not be wasted, but will count for eternal matters! GLORY TO GOD! And HOORAY!!!