This weekend with Jon was pretty much wonderful, I was so sad when it came to Sunday night. After losing Jon to Hebrew for three weeks, I was nice to finally have him to myself. On Friday night, he let us go bowling. You see, Jon hates bowling and gets overly frustrated about it all, but since he knows I love to bowl, he showed his love and let us go! Now, I am definitely not a good bowler by any means, I seem to do decent about every other time we go. I don't know what I do that makes me get multiple strikes in one game, but it happens, just not this last time. This time though, the gutter really wanted to be friends with the bowling balls, not sure why. I remember going bowling with my family and friends when I was younger and it's probably one of my favorite activities to go out and do. What's even better is that we went to a new place near home and the games for $1 on Fridays and $3 for shoes! Seriously, can you get any better than that? So, we ended up playing four games and by the end, Jon was starting to relax and have more fun. I'm sure we'll be revisiting those lanes again; it was so much fun!
Cute Boy-Goooo!
On Saturday, we also had a pretty relaxing day. We both ended up sleeping in and Jon was definitely happy after having so little sleep lately. I have been getting ready for a 5k coming up, so I was able to enjoy some time in the 70 degree weather before getting ready to hang out with friends. Saturday night, we had a couple from our Bible study over for a game night. We hadn't met with them for a few weeks, so it was great seeing them and enjoying time together. Last time we played Ticket to Ride: Europe, but this time we played a new game Jon and I have called Lost Cities. I really enjoy hanging out with Bill and Ali, hopefully we'll see them again before too long again!
Sunday, we went to church and had a wonderful worship together. Sunday afternoons seem to be my nap and cuddle with Molly day. But sadly, Jon has to deal with the wrath of me waking up and being crabby and whiny, poor guy. I really just don't wake up from naps very well. But despite that, while I was resting, Jon made a wonderful dinner for us. I'm so impressed at what he can conjure up, I really should take advantage of him making dinner more often. He made 3, T-bone steaks with his own garlic & parsley whipped butter, wine reduction sauce with onions and mushrooms, and steamed veggies. Tasty! I am definitely not a steak person or much of a meat person, but I really enjoyed the meal. And my Boy knows me, I used lots of garlic butter! I should have taken a picture, but Jon told me just to sit and eat, so I did. I guess he'll have to make it again so I can take another picture. :)
Well, all good things must come to an end, right? Jon had been feeling under the weather and we thought maybe it was him coming down from his busyness. But when I looked in his throat on Sunday night, I said, "Ew gross, it looks like you have strep!" Sure enough, he found out today he does. Well, for the last day or two, my throat has been bothering me as well and after calling the doctor about it and explaining my white throat, fever, cold, sick husband and the fact that I'm a teacher, he didn't even bother having me come in. Instead, he just called in a prescription; I just love when they can do that and I don't have to go in. Even though, I'm the one around sick kids, my doctor told me I'm guilty by association and can certainly blame it on Jon since he is further progressed than I am. So there, ha. As of tonight, we are both on antibiotics and hopefully we will be feeling better tomorrow, especially as I get to have my parents come for a visit this week!
1 comment:
Have fun with your mom and dad! Say hi to them for me. I hope you both feel better soon. I wondered when Jon found out he had strep, if you would get it, too. Eat more garlic, it's supposed to ward off evil things...
Post a Comment