Saturday, July 2, 2011

Amanda's Wedding

Today, Jon and I were able to travel up to my first hometown of Manitowoc Wisconsin for one of my dearest friend's wedding!  Although my family moved away from Manitowoc to Birchwood when I was younger, Amanda and I have continued to stay in touch and always got to see each other throughout the years.  She was my maid of honor and so we had a great time today having more wedding time together.  Her husband, Paul, is in the Navy and is going to be deployed for the second time coming up soon, so they had a small ceremony with close friends and family.  In October 2012, they plan on having a renewal of vows and more formal ceremony.  Today was such a wonderful day as they had their ceremony at Paul's parents house in the country.  There's nothing like a good ol' Wisconsin wedding in a field with dogs running around, country music, and a shotgun going off to signify their marriage!  And yes, Molly was one of the dogs there, but she was sticking quite close to me and was wary of the big dogs running all over, sniffing her and bounding at her to play.  
It was wonderful being with old friends that are really another family to me.  I also love to bring Jonathon back to Manitowoc to share an important and special part of my life with him.   I am so very happy for my dear friend and her new hubby, congrats!...Also, "Happy Barfday" to my mom, it was  her birthday, so two very special celebrations today!  



Isn't my friend just so pretty!



Happy Family

Molly was so exhausted after her hot and crazy day, she completely conked out the entire three hour drive home! 

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh, sweetie! it made me "homesick", wishing I could be there in Manitowoc, too! (But lookin' forward to Oct '12!) AND YES!!! Your Amanda was SOOOOOOOOO PRETTY! I love that shot you caught of her and Lynn! GORGEOUS!!!
Thanks for sharing some of the day with us! & so happy that Mr JOn could also be with you and a part of it toegther. (along with your silly Molly! but too bad she wasn't dressed up in her hanbok to look pretty like mama, too!) xoxoxoxoxo
PS thanks for the happy barfday! and the extra special call, esp today.