Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Past to Present

Wow, it's been awhile since I updated our blog.  I think with Christmas and all that happened around that time, on top of being sick, I haven't gotten to writing at all.  No, no it's not that I have nothing to write about, but actually too much to catch up on.  I still have some pictures from my 10K this fall that I haven't put up...we'll see if they do get added...  Well, rather than diving into all the business of December, I thought I'd do a short, yet fun post to give me a kick start.  
For Thanksgiving, we went to my family's in Wisconsin and enjoyed several relaxing days there.  While there, Jon and I took a few pictures in front of our fireplace and during it, I realized how it reminded me of a picture taken years before.  So, I thought you'd have some fun comparing the two pictures, feel free to weigh in on your own observations.  

This first picture was from the first time Jonathon came to my parent's house, it was October 2005.  We weren't dating then, but had become really good friends and I think we both knew dating was to come sometime down the road.  I even remember that weekend after he tucked me in and said good night, he kissed me on the forehead.  Swoon!  And yet it took us months to actually start dating.  I have many fond memories of that weekend and getting to know my best friend. 

Here's our picture from this last Thanksgiving, a little different, huh?  We obviously like each other. :)
I love him lots!

Now, the first weekend I went and visited Jon's family is quite the story and I bring it up frequently to harass my father-in-law.  I don't even think I have a picture from that weekend, unfortunately.  Maybe we'll save that one for another time.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I loved having your pic taken like that again in front of of the wood stove, as it also reminded me of your "beginning days" together...and how I, too, "knew" that dating and more were to be in your future. Strange, huh? No, not really, cuz God was in it. In it, and for you all the way through. How GOOD He has been to you both!

Diane said...

Oh how you two have matured! Not just in looks but life's experiences. Your smiles look similar but in the second photo you're sitting lots closer! And your clothes don't match! Instead Jon looks like a lumberjack. Hey! A new nick name for him: Pastor Lumberjack?
I love you both and I'm SO glad God brought you together.