Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Bunny

No, this is not a post on the dumb blue colored Easter Bunny, but a regular baby bunny that visited us around Easter.  On Friday, Jon was talking on the phone near our window well (that's where the best reception is in a basement), and he calmly said, "There's a bunny in our window."  I think that he forgot we were living 6 feet underground and was therefore not shocked at the bunny in our window.  I immediately jumped up, ran over, and as it began to scratch at our window, I blurted out, "Can we keep it!?"  Jon immediately said, N-O.  It was so cute, and was hardly bigger than the palm of my hand.  I ended up climbing down the window well and bringing him back safely to the grass.  I would have played with him, but didn't want his mother to get worried or him to start freaking out either.  Too bad I couldn't have kept him.  :(


2 comments:

Mrs.Enger said...

What a cute bunny! Reminds me of Snow White that Jon and Kari had when they were little. Her nick name was Bunny Foo Foo. Kari used to get right in the cage and hold Snow White on her lap to pet her. I wonder what Molly would have thought of it? What a fun Easter visitor you had!!!

Deb said...

MY baby bunny always takes care of other baby bunnies! I can always count on you to show a loving heart towards lost or wayward creatures and people! May you always have a heart like you do!
love, your hoodie xoxoxoxoxox