Saturday, May 5, 2012

April Activities

This last month has been pretty busy with lots of things, especially studying!  Here are some pictures of some place we have been this last month. 

I get into the Botanic Gardens for free because of my All State badge, so it's a great date for Jon and I to enjoy the outdoors, creation, and photography.  Jon has a lot of great pictures on his camera, maybe I'll get them someday...
If you can't tell by all the pictures from the gardens, I'm a huge fan of tulips.  There are so many varieties and we picked the perfect weekend to go (after Easter service) because so all of them were in full bloom.  



 Aren't tulips so happy?

 This makes me think of Holland.  Maybe we should move there, just for the tulips. :)




Jon and I also had the privilege to go to a Cubs/Brewers game close to my birthday.  We had a great connection with someone who has season tickets and our seats were wonderful.  Jon went to Wrigley two years ago, but I had not been yet.  It was such a weird experience compared to Miller Park, which is virtually all I know.  We took the train down, which was also a first for me, walked through the neighborhood, and all of a sudden pops up the stadium.  It really is smack dab in the middle of houses and businesses.  It was also fun to see the rooftop housing like I've seen in movies. 

Jon told me not to yell or cheer for the Brewers because, "We're in Chicago, they're mean and you could get hurt".  I did my best, but I had to clap!  The score was a little scary towards the middle, but by the end of the game, the Brewers picked up and won the game!  

We are definitely looking forward to some summer games at Miller Park; we love baseball season!

3 comments:

blythe said...

Tulips are gorgeous. Right up there with daisies and poppies for me! :)

I haven't been to a baseball game for years. Looks like a great stadium!

love you! xoxo

Mrs.Enger said...

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous flower photos. Too bad the smell doesn't come through the computer so I can sniff them.
Love You!!!

Deb said...

I, too, loved your photos! Especially that first one! It looked so professional and made me dream...

Also, just so you know, I've been looking often this year again for your "tulips of promise", the bulbs from Mr Jon's spring tulip plant gift of 2006, but they haven't come up either last year or this. :-( I'm sorry! I'll have to ask Linda H for advice!

Thanks also for the Wrigley pics! I had totally forgotten you went. My mind is always on our Brewer Mlkee location!

l's and t d's!
xoxoxoxoxo