Well, we're nearing the end of our second trimester and quickly heading into the third trimester soon! I really can't believe how fast everything has gone. I thought pregnancy would take forever, well it has sped by at an alarming rate. Sometimes I say, "Wait, hold on stay in there longer! I need more time!" Really, I have three months left and by that time I'll be yelling at the baby to come out, I'm sure. We have noticed that it is getting harder to wait and meet this little one. We also sometimes have times of wanting to find out the gender (especially as we "discuss" names). I am really totally happy with not finding out the gender, I love the surprise! But, it would be nice to rule out an entire gender list of names! On top of names that we already liked, Jon wanted to look at Swedish and German names as well. We laughed our way through many of them, but some are promising. But, we will NOT be naming our child Inger Borg Enger, hahaha.
26 weeks
It's been pretty great, I've found with pregnancy, most food tastes even better. Even at the beginning, I didn't have nausea problems and only rarely food did not taste good. This last week I have had two really amazing food experiences; one with Korean and the other with a Chipotle burrito. Below is the picture of our Korean meal we had at home after making a craving stop at Seoul Market.
Yummy bulgogi, japchae, and kimchi!
My other wonderful meal was with a gigantic Chipotle burrito. I think it's the most of the burrito I've ever eaten and only had a little left to bring home. Jon was extra happy that I was eating so much meat and beans to give extra protein to the baby.
This week the little bambino has been very active. We see even more when the baby pushes out my belly or makes ripples across it. I think I even felt one or two bouts of the baby's hiccups this last week as well. At work, some coworkers have been very excited to feel the baby move and the kids try to feel and listen to the baby. They think they're going to hear it crying inside, but I keep telling them that comes after it's out of my belly! This past week the baby did two extra fun things. The first was when Jon had his head against my tummy trying to see if he could hear the heartbeat yet. As he moved the side of his face along my belly he told the baby, "Don't kick your Papa." What do you think it did, kicked him! Yep, right in the face! It was pretty funny. Another time this week, Jon was sitting next to me talking to me about Star Trek. Previously, the baby had been completely still...until Papa started talking. Then the baby started going crazy and pushing and stretching. When Jon stopped talking to put his hand on me, the baby stopped moving until he started talking again and the baby would again kick. One time I actually felt it's body part, which I think was a foot! The baby is finally big enough to make out body parts as it pushes; this might not be as cute in a few months so I'll enjoy it now. I pushed back on the spot where I saw it push out and the baby's foot pushed back right where my thumb was and I could definitely feel it; it was amazing! This changes and bonding times with the baby are really fun for Jonathon and I; we can't wait to meet this little kangaroo!


1 comment:
Tell Jonathon the baby's in-utero activity is VERY much like he did before he was born. I think when the baby hears Jon talk, it pauses and says, "Wait, what's that I hear? That's not the usual voice I hear (Anika's)" A very observant baby even before birth!!!
Post a Comment