Monday, March 24, 2014

March Update

I haven't taken too many videos lately as my phone was out of commission for a bit.  But, here are some from the last month.  I have found that although I don't write often on the blog, it's a nice place to put up videos right now.  When we move, we won't have internet, so I have no idea how often this will get updated...if at all.  We'll see!  Oh, yes, moving!  Most of you know already that Jonathon and I accepted a call from a church in Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin!  He will be the Associate Pastor of Education and Youth.  We had been waiting on God for what he had for us and it seems to be a great fit and he worked it out in his timing, some of which we have yet to learn.  This last year+ was a big learning process and really hard at times.  We learned how to rely on God and go to him with our frustrations, expectations, and wonderings.  Jonathon and I also learned to come together and pray more and be honest about our feelings and questions.  I think we learned how to stand firm in God and his will even when there were temptations to pick an easier route or something that might "make sense" to the world.  If that makes sense.  If not, talk to me about it!  One main thing that we held on to was that God led us here for many reasons and he wasn't going to just drop us, leave us, and forget about us; not the case at all!  How are we supposed to do ministry and help others who are going through hard times if we ourselves have not been through hard times?  There was a lot that we learned and continue to learn through this process.  But, we are so happy with where God has led us. Sturgeon Bay is my family's old stomping grounds and we still have family friends there and in the surrounding area.  I used to go up camping in the area as a child and look forward to taking Jonathon and Levi to places that I remember.  The church has already welcomed us as family and we are excited to move and start a new chapter.  So, at least you will know now why the blog may take an even greater hit in the next few months.  Until then, enjoy!


This was taken before we got the Wisconsin job offer.  This is proof that even though Levi was born in IL, he's a Cheesehead at heart.  :)  It's kind of quiet, so turn up your speakers.

This was over a month ago and so you can imagine the strides he has made since then.  He loves holding our hands and running as we walk along with him.  He has been walking while holding on to things since Christmas, so I feel like he has to take the first step soon.  But, who knows.  He is busy enough, especially with packing, so I'll take a little less mobility while I can.

This is Levi's latest trick and game.  He is working on blowing kisses as well.

2 comments:

Mrs.Enger said...

What a darling! He's developing such personality since Christmas! And he can multi-task too...pushing a toy while playing with it. Shaking his head and up/downs. Very smart little guy. Can't wait to see him soon.

Spring Lela Kane said...

Hey guys! WOW!! You're moving and Jonathan got a pastoral job?! Awesome! Praise God for His blessing and timing in your lives! Rough year, I'm sure, but crazy how those are the ones He uses to shape us the most and create in us endurance and faithfulness. Maybe we'll see you this summer?!?!?