Friday, August 14, 2009

Molly Update

The last update you have heard from Molly is having her surgery. So, let me quickly update you. Molly's surgery went great as well as her after care. As you see a couple posts down, Jon made a great ramp for Molly and she loved it! Sometimes she wouldn't even lay on the futon, but instead, she would act like a queen on her thrown, laying on the very top. She's such a daring pup that she ignored the ramp at first and tried to jump onto the futon. This was a funny thing to watch because Molly still didn't realize she had a cone around her head. Another example of how Molly didn't realize the new width of her head was when she walked underneath one of our chairs during the middle of the night. I heard her because I had been sleeping on the futon with her because she would walk circles around the barricaded bed nonstop if I tried to sleep there. So, we decided, we'll spoil her and I will sleep with her; this immediately eased her worries. Anyways, I wake up to this scratching sound and look around and I see Molly's cone reflecting in the moonlight and her beady little eyes peeking out behind her fluffy bangs. The poor little thing kept trying to push forward without any luck because her cone wouldn't fit through the chair. Molly could have easily backed up and had no problem, but she persisted in trying to fit. Eventually, Molly backed out and got out and back onto the futon to cuddle.
Last Saturday, Dr. Kwon took out her stitches and Molly was very grateful. She also got to say hi to Dr. Choi, who loves her very much. In Dr. Choi's broken English, he said, "Molly is my lover." I replied in saying, "Oh, do you mean you really love her?" "Yes, I do. She love me." I got a kick out of this, oh we love our vets!
So, thank you for any prayers towards Molly, she's her ol' chipper self again and we are happy to see it.

3 comments:

Hannah F said...

I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling better! Sounds like she has some great parents that take good care of her. It's awesome practice for parenthood, isn't it?

theengercafe said...

Haha, yes Hannah it is! We sure do love her lots.

Diane said...

Oh Molly, you are so brave and funny. I'm looking forward to having you hang out at the Enger house in Rochester for awhile! Our neighbor across the street has a dog named Cookie who is your size. Maybe you and she will become friends!!!