Saturday, September 11, 2010

Seven of Nine

Jon and I have had a fun and relaxing day of hanging out, talking, and a little shopping. We've been having some pretty interesting chats, but one of them was on Star Trek. I was telling Jon that a friend teased me today about being from Star Trek because of my name, Anika Borg. I had to explain that it really was a family name and my parents didn't spend all their time watching Star Trek. After telling Jon about this, he told me that he used to stay up late while he was in high school to watch old Star Trek. And....Anika Hansen of the Borgs was his favorite character. I thought that this was hilarious. I don't remember if he told me this before, but I thought it was pretty funny. Well, now he has his own Anika of the Borgs and doesn't need to watch Star Trek!
I am his very own, Seven of Nine.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, that is such a cute story. I guess I knew he loved watching those old reruns. What a fun connection with the names. Did you ever know any Jonathon's or Jon's from days gone by? I saw a little dog today about the size of Molly and it made me miss her (and you of course)! I prayed a lot for you two yesterday and today. Love MamaDi

Anonymous said...

Anika Hansen?! Who is that imposter Anika?! And what is 7 of 9? must be some thing i'm not up on because i'm so old.

Jonathon said...

I believe the correct spelling of her name is "Seven of Nine"... she is not a math equation sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for that most enlightening information, Mr Jon! Now, I am convinced this imposter is merely that! "Seven of Nine" indeed! Hah!
BTW, thanks for filming a little of our girl and the Pocket run and cavort! I LOVE watching Anika! (sorry Molly! She's my FIRST girl!)