Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bacon Cheddar Baby

A little while ago, Jon and I decided to give Molly a more quality food than what we have been giving her. So, we went to a pet supply store down the road, conveniently located next to Seoul Market! While we were there, we of course had to pick up some treats for her! Jon found her some Snackin' Slices, which was a good pick since she goes crazy over them. We've been using these to bribe her while we brush her- double team style. We also wanted to get a bone to chew on because whenever we go to my parent's house, she takes Chipper's bone and chews on it and guards it with her life. So, we found what we thought would be the perfect bone for her: a bacon cheese filled bone. These are two of Molly's favorite things in life, if there was a banana smeared on top, it would be perfect! When we gave the bone to her, she loved it and couldn't wait to eat the inside. But being the princess Pocket that she is, she wanted Jon told hold the bone for her, so she could put her energy into getting the inside out. All was good until suddenly, she became bored with it. I think what it really was, was that the outside was too hard for her and she was no longer interested. Well, we were a bit sad that she didn't want the bone, but decided we'd give it to her cousin, Chipper. I went up to Wisconsin a week later and dropped the bone off at Chipper's Doggy Camp before we went on vacation. Apparently she liked it because when she returned home after a week, there was no bone left over! While in Wisconsin, I made a stop at Fleet Farm and picked up two rib bones for Molly. She loves this bone and it's the right size and everything for her, so I know what I'll be getting her next time! Although I don't have a picture of her chewing on this bone, she looks cute in a fierce way while holding it between her paws and gnawing on a rib.

Fierce Baby.

Molly looking at her bone at the top of the bookshelf
and waiting for it to come down again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two chews and the little bone was gone at the kennel. Thanks, Anika.

Love, Chippie

Diane said...

Where's the video of the chewing even????