Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

In this post, I'm catching up on two Enger visits that we've had.  One over Christmas and one over this last weekend.  I've been pretty busy and the blog has been on the back burner for a bit.  And again, unfortunately we didn't end up taking many pictures!  Oops! 

At Jon's grandparents house.  Here is his aunt and his great grandma Opal.  
 
Here are Jon's grandparents.  Unfortunately we don't get to see them 
very much, so it was great to see them for a whole day while in Minnesota.  

Here is Jon and his grandpa; what sweet guys! 


This last weekend, Jon's parents came for a visit down "south".  We had a great time together hanging out, enjoying good food, as well as going to the Chicago Auto Show.  Getting tickets for the auto show was actually my present to Jon for Valentine's Day, and I think it was a great surprise for Jonathon.  He loves talking about cars and cars he wished he could have or drive and I thought this would be the perfect place to look at some of them and sit in them without driving off with one of them.  :)  Apparently the Chicago auto show is the nation's largest, so it had everything and it was quite the event.  I enjoy looking at cars and have good memories of going to car lots with my family and cousins when we would get together.  I also remember rating cars on the road with my cousins and I always would rate the beaters with a high 8 or 9 because I felt sorry for them and they looked lonely.  Whereas, my cousins and brother would rate them a negative number and look at me strangely.  What can I say, I have extreme empathy, I guess.  I did end up rating some of these cars with a higher rating, but I still love my Previas! 
Bob enjoying my favorite flavor of Mustang: lime green. 

I even got Jonathon into a Swedish car!  Better not let his Norwegian relatives see this, what heresy!  Don't worry, we also stopped by some Italian, German, and other American made cars.  We both enjoyed the checking out the VW's and Jeeps.  Jon said I wasn't allowed to get a 6 speed Golf GTI, though.  We had a fun time asking each other what we liked the best and I loved seeing Jon so excited about the cars. I think it was also good practice for us in the future when we have to look for a different car.

Thank you Enger's for making the trip down to see us!  It was a quick, but a good weekend! 

2 comments:

Deb said...

What fun, all around, in MN and in IL!
And speaking of Previa's, I saw a blue one today, (thought of YOU, of course!;-) and you would have rated it a high "8 or 9"--it was a very sad one! I never knew you guys would rate cars! Ahh, the simple pleasures of those types of childhood days! And I laughed and laughed at your ratings and reasoning, Anika! NOT because I think you were strange, but I praise God for your extreme empathy, and I guess I can identify...you have always had a lot of love and compassion in your younger and now more grown up heart! I also laughed, for I could almost see your brother's and cousins' quizzical or disdainful expressions!

Diane said...

We LOVED our time visiting you. As usual it goes TOO fast! Love you both.