Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What did you do tonight?

Tonight, I had much planned, but my plans changed... After talking to Jon about getting Molly one last haircut for the year, he told me they would charge extra because of her hair mats. We really do groom Molly at least once a week, but she hates it so much and gives us the "shark face". So, we don't always get everything perfectly fluffy and smooth. Being the money-savers that we are, we decided we may as well try to cut her hair ourselves, at least her hair mats if nothing else. This, is where our night changed.
As I sat on the bathroom floor while Jon prepared the buzzer and shears, I thought to myself, 'This cannot turn out well.' I remembered back to Korea when our friend Sarah "trimmed" Mike's hair and when we saw him next, he was completely shaven. oops. Quickly, Jon and I went at her like a Barber Shop Duet (sorry, I'm even embarrassed by my poor humor). I felt very unsure about using the buzzer, as her ears quickly flew back and her eyes widened as it buzzed. So instead, Jon decided to go at her tummy mats with the shears. Pocket Face did not like this. She made her shark face while I held her on her two back feet, hands in the air. (I really wish someone could have filmed this, it was really quite comical). It took quite awhile with turns on both our parts, but we got most of them out. After that, we decided to get out two mats on each side of her cheeks. Well, one turned out to be bigger than the other and when they were out, it looked like one side of Molly's face fur had been blown away and the other was as fluffy as ever. She looked pitiful. So, we couldn't stop there, we had to press on and even out her cheeks. This is the part I really got to see Jon's handy-work. I had no idea he was talented in the area of cheek grooming. But, then again, he is a pretty hairy guy and grooms his cheeks several times a week.
After a few more mats were cut out, we let her go free. She really did pretty well and who knew speaking in a high, positive tone would do so much (no matter what you're actually saying). Molly was rewarded many hugs and treats from us and she gave us licks and excited leaps back. I think she's happy to be done with this...at least for now.

So, this is what she looks like now...
Just kidding, we messed up her hair.


Here's what she really looks like!
We love her even if she is a little lopsided and needs hair repair!

We caught Molly with a Shark-face, she does this with no noise, just the face.
Then, we yell at her for Shark-facing.

But after the Shark-face, this is what she did...
Sad-face as Jon pet her. What a mug!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

please, please post a photo of "AFTER" her Enger beauty shop appt! :-) Can't wait!
xoxo
and XO for Molly (except for her shark faces! :-(

Diane said...

Oh you are such a funny writer! Bob and I laughed! We, too, need to see a picture. Next time, sing "Baa Baa Black Sheep" when you give her a haircut.

Anonymous said...

I don't think she looks so lop-faced! I think she's just fine! I'm not convinced that she needs any hair repair--how could anyone know how she's REALLY supposed to look cuz she has all that fur?! And it usually IS messy and casual looking anyway. But boy, do I hate that shark face! Good tag team effort, guys!