Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I do have some updates such as our Brewers playoff and friends and family visiting, but I'm just going to do a quick post of some of my favorite things within the last day.

1. Cool days where I can come home, take a nap, and cuddle with the Pocket Baby.  The colder weather is also nice because Molly immediately crawls under the bed covers and curls up either by my feet or comes to cuddle against my tummy.  Either way, she's keeping me warm and comfortably cuddly, so it's a win-win.  Molly also becomes a fluffy ragamuffin and looks extra cute during this time. 

2.  Molly cuddling with Jonathon.  The cooler weather also means that Jon is more cuddly with the Pocket and I.  Plus, it's just too cute when she crawls up and rolls into a ball!  (Too bad Jon doesn't look happy, but truly, he is content). 

 3.  Meeting with our newly married small group and growing together.  We have grown closer as couples and men and women in Christ and it is great; I am so excited!  Leading this group has also  improved Jon and my relationship as well.  We have learned a lot and it has grown us even closer than we already were.  Jon and I met with one of the couples tonight at church and I am excited to get to know them better as well.  The wife and I are so similar, it is crazy; I really couldn't name all the similarities and how we relate to each other. 

 4.  Wearing leggings, boots, and sweater dresses!  

5.  Enjoying the food that my mom made while she was here (Korean chicken, zucchini muffins, beef and veggie stew, tasty white rolls and sweet potato rolls!  

1 comment:

Deb said...

How I love your gratitude for the simple pleasures and joys of life, Anika...it is one of the most beautfiul things about you; and always has been...like the previous blog about your and mr jon's stroll and autumn adventure on that Sunday. Thank you for bringing me a bit closer to you when I read blogs like these and many others. It's almost like you are right out here in the yard or snuggling on the couch in front of our fire. much love to you for being you!