This afternoon, we had a great large group social for the newly married groups at Harvest! I am not much of a pumpkin carver, but I think it can be a lot of fun. I did carve one this last week for school, in order to win a prize. But, I think I'll find out Monday! For our couples group, we ended up having a great time and also winning some prizes! Out of all the newly married groups at Harvest, we were the only ones to have everyone in the group show up, so our group really represented. The theme of the carving was supposed to be Harvest related, so you will understand as you get to the bottom.
The boys working on their idea. Jon was the main artist; sometimes
I forget that Jon can be quite artistic!
Carving and picking through the pumpkin guts to save the seeds for roasting! I clearly remember a time doing this with my family when I was little and how odd I thought pulling out the inside of the pumpkin, squeezing the slime out and then saving the seeds to put in the oven. weird.

This was the outcome of the girls' pumpkin. Harvest gets all crazy about baptism and so we decided to show Jesus getting baptized by John. We won the best pumpkin out of all!
This was the boys' pumpkin. They have the Harvest logo on the left and our new campaign name "5G". They won "The Most Harvesty" Award.
Someone else made this pumpkin of Pastor James, pretty good, huh?
Well, later James walked in and laughed at it. I walked up and asked if we could do a side-by-side comparison, but he nudged me and said, "No way you're getting me to do that!" So, no side-by-side, but at least have this picture of him taking a picture of his pumpkin head. haha.


2 comments:
Love your "baptism pumpkin art"! If you're going to carve a pumpkin and do something meaningful, no better subject! You gals DESERVE 1st prize!!! And the "Most Harvesty"--of course would go to those guys! Way cool! and I LOVED that great artistic rendition of James! Good photo, girl, of him photoing 'himself"!
Jon has always loved art and been artistic. Apparently you are too, Anika, for your group to have taken a prize!
Post a Comment