Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Newly Married Cookout

Last Friday, I set up a cookout with our Newly Married small group that Jon and I had been leading this last year.  Unfortunately, we aren't all staying together for the next year, so I wanted to have an ending get together and hopefully continue to connect throughout the summer and on.  The only person missing at this hangout was my Jonathon.  But, Jon did happen to video call me during this time, so I brought him out to the guys who were playing Cornhole in the backyard.  During our time, we shared changes in our lives and updates for the summer.  Through this, we saw a lot of answered prayer and how God had worked in our lives this last year.  It was so cool to see how God works things out! 
 I love this group; this last year was great! 

This picture pretty much explains our personalities exactly, funny how that worked out.

But really, we are all sweeties! 

I have continued to hang out with some of our group even though our official study ended last month.  So, it's wonderful to have the support and friendship through this group, especially now that Jon is gone for the summer.  Jon and I have been really thankful for the group and how he and I grew through leading the group! 

2 comments:

Deb said...

LOVED being able to "see" your small group! Yes, it was kinda sad not to see Mr Jon there in person, but he was present via video! LOL. Ya can't keep a good man TOO far away!:-)

I be proud of you, continuing on with your plans, even in his absence! Now you know a bit of how a widow or single person feels in the midst of "couples", increasing your sensitivity and compassion, dearie darlin'.

L's and TD's!

Mrs.Enger said...

AND if you are ministering to couples who get separated by military duty, or an illness, or a different job location for awhile, you will understand the feeling of absence and know how to pray for them and encourage them.
What a cute bunch of folks. I used to look that young once!
Love, the other mother