Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Riley's Visit Birchwood

I've had this post sitting on my browser for a few weeks now, I guess I should finally finish it...
Over Memorial Day, Mic and Sarah drove up to Birchwood with me from Dayton.  They had never been up to my hometown, so it was great bringing them up to see the little town and hang out.  I also got to see Jon after him being gone for a week!  Yes, only a week, but it was a rough one.  We are now getting a little more used to the separation, but are always looking forward to the next time we get to see each other.  I've never done well with long-distance and therefore, I am so thankful that this will end at the end of the summer. 
Our first night, we hung out by the campfire and sang songs together.  This is one of my favorite things to do with the Riley's.  Jon has been playing a lot of guitar as well and so he's been getting really good.  Mic brought his banjo out and we sounded extra country. :)

Molly sat on the chair next to the fire looking pitiful. 

On Sunday, we got to go out on a pontoon and see the lake, go fishing, and enjoy some sunshine.  Sadly, though, I feel like I've been living in the big city too long as I didn't catch any fish.  I guess it means I better come back to the country. 

Mic does not do a lot of fishing, but we were so glad he and Jon both caught several fish!  The boys had a lot of fun together at the front of the boat catching fish and chatting, just like always. 

Sarah and I with our "Korean love". 



We saw at least four eagles while we were out on the lake.  They were all diving for fish.  This one has a fish in it's talons and we watched it tearing at it for awhile.  I love seeing all the wildlife up north. 

Unfortunately, we did have to say good bye, but at least I got another 6 hour road trip back to Chicago with Mic and Sarah.  Hopefully we will see them for Labor Day for our usual visit.  I love that we have kept up with our friends from Korea and get to see them several times a year.  Thanks for making the long trip up and thank you to my parents for hosting us; we had a great time!

2 comments:

Mrs.Enger said...

Thanks for sharing the photos and the story of the fun weekend. I know it's very hard to be apart but Jonathon said he's about 1/3 of the way finished now. That's not too bad.
Hey, next time give us the sound to go with the campfire music!!!

Deb said...

Mmm. Guess my comment didn't "take" or i made a mistake!
Anyway, fun photos and nice narration! I loved having the Riley's here also. A real blessing!