Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Weekend Getaway

Two weeks ago was the last time I went up to see Jon, but I failed to take any pictures.  In fact, the pictures that are here are from a B&B website.  I took a Friday off and drove up Thursday night to my family's.  It was wonderful because I expected for my time in Birchwood to go by fast and be over in a second, but that wasn't so.  Both Jon and I thought that time moved pleasantly slowly and we were able to enjoy our time up north.  Mostly, I loved being able to sleep in a little, relax, and have Jon bring me coffee in the morning!  One night, we were even able to stay in a local B&B and redeem a gift certificate all the way back from our wedding!  Jon took me out for some dinner and even bought me ice cream; he knows me all too well! Jon also surprised me with three gifts and notes attached to them; he is so thoughtful!  I know he'd been planning on getting a few things and really put some thought into my surprises. 



During the weekend, we did a little bit of fishing, but sadly I only caught one small perch.  Slowly, I must be improving after being gone from the country for way too long. 
On Sunday before I left, I was blessed to be able to help Jon at a nursing home.  He was asked to give a short sermon to people at a nursing home and so loving old people, I was excited to come along.  He also got to choose the hymns for the service, so we sang together with one other man.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished I could have stayed longer to help and love on the elderly.  Afterwards, Jon did not want to let me go back to Chicago yet, so he whisked me away to get some custard.  We sat in the car with Molly and enjoyed our custard before I had to drive back down south, all by my lonesome.  I love my boy for knowing what I want and my favorite comfort foods. :)
This coming weekend, I get to see Jon and my family for two Brewer's games!  Also, it's Italian Heritage Weekend at Miller Park, so it should be even more exciting! 

2 comments:

Mrs.Enger said...

Thanks for including those pictures. The Cobblestone B & B is so special. I'm glad to got to see your family again at the games! You'll always have that special memory of helping Jon at the nursing home. I love you, my dear, special Anika!!!!
Love Mama Diane

Deb said...

Hey, sweet lamb! loved reading about your happy weekend a few weeks ago...now another one to share, too!

For any of you who didn't catch the name of my friend's B&B, it's The Cobblestone B&B in Birchwood, WI and it is a gorgeous place; a traditional B&B! If you ever want a lovely spot to "getaway", please consider my friend'sB&B. You'll be treated well!

And Anika, if you and Mr Jon haven't left feedback for her on the website, I'm sure she'd appreciate it.:-) If you have already, thanks!