Jon and I were really excited that when we moved here, we discovered that we have a lot of Korean markets and restaurants all over! One of the markets, Seoul Market, is right down the road from our home! Also, it is conveniently located next to ALDI's, which is wonderful. I have wanted to go there since we moved here, but I never wandered next door after a quick ALDI run. Jon, though, went to pick me up a few surprises a week or two ago and I was so happy. He picked me up some Aloe Water (technically Aloe Juice with chunks of Aloe in it) and Gimbap (kind of like sushi, but wrapped in seaweed and not raw). I was so excited to have these treats because I have really been missing them. I savored my 18 oz. of aloe water over three days taking little sips. But, the Gimbap lasted only five minutes between the two of us. Since I had to make a run to ALDI's today, I decided I better run into Seoul Market for some lunch. I stepped in and, wow, I felt like I stepped back in time to Korea because everything was the same. Everyone was speaking Korean (of course), there were at least 15 kinds of kimchi to choose from, there was everything. Everything except my dokboki chips, sad. I will have to keep searching for this in other Korean markets in the area. I could have spent so much money there, but limited myself to four things: Aloe Water, Gimbap, California Rolls, and Green Tea Mochi. Yes, mom and Andersons, I found Mochi, every kind of Mochi under the sun! There was strawberry, red bean, mango, green tea, coffee, remember them? Although Mochi is really Japanese, they still have them there, for which I am very grateful.

Unforutnately, I was just in the market for less than ten minutes, but I also spotted my favorite Apple Demi Soda and some funny treats the kids always used to give me. I look forward to going there more often and cooking up some tasty Korean BBQ, kimchi jigae, and other wonderful things we miss. So, if you want some Korean treats and cooking, come visit us!
5 comments:
yay! for the gimbap.lol
Hmm...when Bob and I come visit you I wonder if you'll be serving Korean fare or Chicago pizza? Maybe we should stay long enough for both!
MOCHI!!! I'll be there with bells on! AND you told me that they have BIBIMBOP sauce! Hooray! this is a HAPPY thing! And i'm VERY happy for both of you to find such a place...i'm sure there will be other Korean-Amer adventures in store for you!
Mmmm... I think red bean mochi was my favorite! I found a couple other of the mochi flavors around here, but NOT the red bean! Yum!
mochi green tea! mmmmmm
Post a Comment