I made a huge discovery this weekend while grocery shopping, I mean big. When I was little, I always wanted the Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip frosting.
I would probably have eaten it straight out of the tub if I could. But, my mom was a good mom and kept me eating healthy things and makes her own homemade frosting, yum (really, thank you, mom)! But, I remember being jealous of a friend that had the Rainbow Chip frosting and how I loved the little chips, they were so tasty. So, since I am a grown-up, I have been looking for the last few years when I pass by the frosting aisle. I thought, "Now that I'm a grown-up, I can buy it for myself!" I don't know if they temporarily stopped making it or if the stores I went to didn't carry it. But, I have never seen it until this weekend! I got so excited, I probably jumped up and down in the aisle. Plus, it was on sale! I did get one tub, I don't know when I'll use it because I usually make my own frosting, but for some special occasion or comfort food day, I'm sure!
I would probably have eaten it straight out of the tub if I could. But, my mom was a good mom and kept me eating healthy things and makes her own homemade frosting, yum (really, thank you, mom)! But, I remember being jealous of a friend that had the Rainbow Chip frosting and how I loved the little chips, they were so tasty. So, since I am a grown-up, I have been looking for the last few years when I pass by the frosting aisle. I thought, "Now that I'm a grown-up, I can buy it for myself!" I don't know if they temporarily stopped making it or if the stores I went to didn't carry it. But, I have never seen it until this weekend! I got so excited, I probably jumped up and down in the aisle. Plus, it was on sale! I did get one tub, I don't know when I'll use it because I usually make my own frosting, but for some special occasion or comfort food day, I'm sure!
1 comment:
oh you poor thing! how deprived you were! (Ah, but in order that you did not become depraved!!!)
And what's even MORE sad is that ALL YOU/I HAVE TO DO IS MAKE SOME OF YOUR OWN SCRUMPTIOUS HOMEMADE FROSTING AND ADD the SPRINKLES OR ANY OTHER TO IT! LOL!!!
FYI, it wasn't the sprinkles that kept it off our forlorn, mother hubbard shelves, it was because it was "boughten frosting"! All you had to do, Lovey, was ask for "rainbow frosting"! so sorry, dear daughter! (and thank you for not being a stevie stealer at Piggly Wiggly to get it!)
Post a Comment