Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Visitors!

This last weekend, we were blessed to have another couple of visitors; Jon's parents! They took the day off on Friday for travel and arrived at our place in the early afternoon. Jon had some special time with them while I was at work. Jon was also able to get his nice watch fixed, which had been on the To-Do-List for um, probably a few years. We can finally check that one off! After work, I met them at Lou Malnati's a great Chicago pizza place just down the road from us! We went here when my family helped move us down here, so it was nice to bring the other side of our family there as well. The pizza is nice and cheesy and garlicy, and you can even add garlic on as an extra topping! After dinner, we had some relaxing time at our home watching the Olympics and chatting.
On Saturday, we decided to go into the city and explore downtown a bit. We parked and walked quite a few blocks to Michigan Ave. There, we saw the famous "Bean" and took in some views of the old city buildings. Unfortunately, Jon and I both forgot to bring the camera, so we have no pictures, sad! On our walk back to the car, we stopped in a Trader Joe's to give the Enger's their first TJ's experience. We also ran into some other fun stores, but thankfully exited without any bags! The one thing we did pick up was a few cups of coffee since it was quite cold and of course windy. The bank temperature said it was 42 degrees, but I know it didn't feel that way. Despite the cold, it was really enjoyable to walk around outside and chat with family while doing so. Saturday night, we were also able to go to church, which we were also excited to share with family. We have really enjoyed our new church and it has been really nice for our family to visit and see where we have been worshiping. After church, we had another relaxing evening eating dinner at home, watching the Olympics, and playing Apples to Apples. I was excited to get to play this game because the Boy doesn't usually like to play games unless they are strategy games. One thing that the Enger family really enjoys, is to play games together, and I am so happy I married into a family like that because I grew up the same way!
Sunday came fast, but we were able to enjoy a nice Sunday brunch at IHOP before Bob and Diane took off. I know Jon loved talking to his parents in person, about his seminary experiences and things he's learned. I can see him growing in a lot of ways and it's really fun! I am so proud of him. :) After saying our good-byes, I somehow managed to take Jon to look at some cute puppies and even pet a few! And again, I didn't bring any home, aren't you proud, dad? I would never buy a puppy from a shop, so I guess that helps me not to pick one up, just "oooo" and "ahhhh" over them. But, we were very happy to come back to our dear little Pocket girl and so was she!
So, thank you Bob and Diane for making the trip to come down and visit us, it was nice to see you. We hope you had fun and we look forward to the next time we meet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Ain't it great family visits? Did i tell you I'm coming tomorrow to spend a few weeks?

Seriously, or rather, gladly, I know that Bob and Diane surely enjoyed their time with you guys, too!

your mummit and deb xoxoxo

Diane said...

We had soooo much fun! I've been sharing the fun stories with my friends. Chicago pizza was fun and I enjoyed my first trip to IHOP. It was so funny when Molly licked our faces when we arrived! I guess we're on her list of "friends."