Friday, February 19, 2010

"Valentimes!"

I feel like neither Jon or I are big Valentines people, but still of course like to treat each other. Last year, we also got to celebrate White Day in Korea. White Day is March 14th and the boys give the gifts whereas the girls give gifts on Valentine's. I remember Jon getting me a Coldstone cake, notebook and pen, and curtains to turn our one room into two. This year, we had a nice relaxing day mostly watching the Olympics. In the morning, Jon had a meeting at church and so when he came home, I had breakfast ready for him. His breakfast consisted with heart shaped cinnamon rolls and heart shaped pancakes with sprinkles and strawberries and of course coffee! The cinnamon rolls were unfortunately not homemade as I didn't have time, but they were still pretty tasty!
Those are melted sugar sprinkles in the pretty heart pancakes!

Not quite as pretty as my homemade ones, but still tasty!

After the meeting, Jon brought home some beautiful tulips that are still looking pretty! The rest of the day we cuddled on our comfortable couches and watched speed skating, figure skating, and the luge. I did make a brief breakaway running to Target and then wandering to Puppy Palace to drool over the dogs. Although, I would never buy a dog from a puppy store, it doesn't mean I can't window shop! I saw a pug, two boxers, two shar pei's and many other cute puppies! I tried to convince Jon to come back and look, but he didn't want to. I think he was just glad enough that I didn't bring one home! The Pocket sure could tell that I had pet something other than her, even after washing my hands!
We also received two fun packages from our families, they were nice surprises! I realized the last few years that I have missed being with my family on Valentines because my parents made it a family holiday and there was always lots of love given to each other. So, it was nice to get some fun little gifts and be remembered. Thank you so much for your notes and nice thoughts! Love you all!

3 comments:

Anders said...

Jon should have bought you a more appropriate hat for Valentines day.

Anonymous said...

"Will you be my Valentimes?" "YEs I'll be your Valentimes!" can't you hear that happy song? it is for every day! Thanks for the fun update and purty photos of your special day!

And mr jon, you sure know how to wow your girl with TULIPS!!! From the very beginning of your courtship...remember? :-)

Diane said...

Oh Anika, I think you're spoiling him! But that's okay. I spoil Bob too. We had SO much fun with you last weekend. Thanks for being such great hosts!