Several family members and friends have commented on Pocket's fluffy mane of well, fluff. Some have said, "Why can't she seeeee!" or "What a sad looking thing, why don't you cut her hair?!" Well, after several months of people saying this, I did! Well, kinda. I really only trimmed her face and back end a bit. First, I enticed her into the bathroom by promising treats and a nice baffers. She ran away once, but I soon found her and carried her to the tub and plopped her in. Needless to say, she was not too happy to be there. Also, I've realized that it was easier when we only had a shower to put her in in Korea and I just got wet with her. But, this time I stayed out of the tub and it was much harder, sigh. I really should have taken a picture of her in the bathtub because she was the most homely thing I've ever seen; like she looked like a dog that had lived on the streets in a monsoon her whole life. Literally. If someone had walked in at that moment, they probably would have wondered why I had a big dust bunny in the tub, why it was moving, and why hadn't I taken care of that ugly old thing already! Sigh, now I really wish I would've taken a picture, maybe next time! For now, you'll have to do with the before and after pictures.
Before:
to say as a dog mother, this thing looks gross!
After:
3 comments:
DEFINITELY improved since your crewcut Barbie days! Hey, really! you did a GREAT job! So proud of you! And you didn't even have to pay $40-50 (or more) for a professional "do" for the Pocket. You are getting more and more resourceful (and brave!), Anika Borg!
And now Jonathon, how brave are YOU??? (to let your DW give you a little beard or hair trim? Hmmm? :-)))
Hi Anika...oh Molly's haircut is so very cute! You did an excellent job and it makes me want to pet her right now! I think the trim you gave her is better than the Korean ones she got. See Jonathon? Molly still has her ears so Anika probably won't cut yours either! Especially if you sit still. Love you both...and Molly too!
I didn't know Molly had eyes!
Post a Comment