Yesterday was my Boy's birthday! I was so excited about it, I accidentally woke up an hour and a half before my alarm was to go off. oops. So, I made use of my time and made some somewhat healthy banana muffins for him to eat while he was skiing that day. Yes, Jon went skiing on his birthday. I was actually considering going with him, this might be a surprise to those of you who know me from high school, as I have injured myself many a time while skiing. But, I thought since he loves it so much, I would be willing to give it another try, but it will have to wait until next year since I had to work on his birthday. Jon had a wonderful day of skiing, it was a little warm, so the snow was getting a bit soft. But, he had a lot of fun going through the terrain park and enjoying the outdoors. After the full day of skiing, Jon picked me up from work and we later went out for a birthday dinner at T.G.I.F. Jon was so excited to get three of his favorite foods right on one plate: salmon, steak, and cheesy potatoes! I had Parmesan crusted chicken with tortellini and a mini tomato mozzarella salad, yum!
After dinner, we came home and Jon got to open some presents from both sides of the family. My mom even sent me some surprise gifts inside his birthday box, I was extremely excited. I only wished she had been there to share in my happiness! Oh, this is about Jon's birthday, isn't it...well, he also loved his surprises and is very excited to enjoy them.I told Jon that we could do whatever else he wanted for the night and he chose to cuddle on our new comfy couches while watching Lord of the Rings. It's such a long movie, but I lasted through the first half before falling asleep, so I thought that was decent. Even though our tummies were full with our great dinner, we ate his birthday chocolate peanut butter cream pie! I got the recipe from Betsy, my friend from Korea and a wonderful baker! It's so rich and full of wonderful peanut buttery goodness. I just have to say, I pity the peanut allergy kids because they sure are missing out, seriously!
Anyways, happy birthday baby boy! Love you
and so glad you were born!

2 comments:
Well, la-de-dah, Mr Jon! Aren't YOU THE blessed boy and husband! So pleased that you had such a great b-day, all day long!
And Anika, I'm real glad that you're now ready and willing to try the ski hills again, especially for the sake of joining "your boy"! We'll just pray a WHOLE BUNCH for an extra measure of your safety and enjoyment when that time rolls around! Not to fret, freddie!(hmmm...just think, my dear darling, how much WORSE you could have been hurt without those prayers so many years ago!)
loves to you both!
mummit/deb
We love you and wish you many more happy birthdays, Jonathon! It looks like you had a really good day and Anika made it special morning til night! The year you were born it was very cold on your birth day but by the end of the month on dad's birthday (which was also Easter that year) it was 80 degrees! You were outside in a stroller with shorts and a tiny baseball cap on!
Post a Comment