It seems to be that I was on a bit of a blogging hiatus, but at least it was not a too terribly long one. In this time, we have had another visitor: my mom! My mom volunteered to take the train down here to visit during her spring break. I was so happy to have my mom here as I have been missing my family and missing Nona a lot. So, I guess I just needed some good "mommy" time.
She came down on the train last Saturday and was able to stay until Tuesday afternoon. Jon and I picked her up at the station, stopped at home briefly to let the Pocket out and then went straight to Saturday night church. Mom has been to Harvest one other time and really enjoyed it, so we were happy to share our church with her again. When we got home, I had a little surprise of early birthday presents! I didn't know why mom wanted to give them to me early, but after opening them, I understood. Almost all of my presents were Passover Seder dishes and pieces to accompany the meal. I was so excited because Jon and I were just talking about having our Seder meal in a few weeks! I also get to share about Passover at school, so now I have some of my own dishware to bring in. Thanks again mom; what a great surprise, they are very special gifts to me!
On Sunday, mom and I had lots of things planned, but only made one of those things happen: Puppy Palace. Oh, we saw lots of cute dogs! I think Jon was proud of me when I came home with nothing and said "no" to the sales woman on a very nice doggy! Look how good I've become, tada! But, that doesn't mean I don't want a playmate for Pocket... It was fine that we didn't get much done on Sunday, because we just needed some rest and relaxation. We ended up hanging around the house a bit and watching some older shows that we like.
Monday, though, was our busy day. I surprised mom by taking the day off from work, so I could spend more time with her. I was also planning on taking her to my Trinity woman's bible study, but unfortunately, it was canceled. First, we went to IKEA and wondered around a bit and of course, ate some Swedish meatballs and lingonberries! After that, we were able to run a few other errands and then returned home. It was so wonderful, mom offered to cook us some beef barley soup and Nona's pasta sauce so we could freeze some and have it ready to eat. So, she spent time making that on Monday night and Tuesday. Jon and I have been scarfing the refrigerated ones and look forward to thawing the rest in the future.
Mom and Jon brought me to work on Tuesday and mom got to see my classroom again and meet some of my kids as well as my co teacher. But, it was really sad to say goodbye and see her go. I really enjoyed my time and was definitely more relaxed and feeling better after getting to be with my mom. I am grateful that I get to see her in a month at a woman's retreat in WI!
Thank you so much for coming, hoodie! Love you lots!
She came down on the train last Saturday and was able to stay until Tuesday afternoon. Jon and I picked her up at the station, stopped at home briefly to let the Pocket out and then went straight to Saturday night church. Mom has been to Harvest one other time and really enjoyed it, so we were happy to share our church with her again. When we got home, I had a little surprise of early birthday presents! I didn't know why mom wanted to give them to me early, but after opening them, I understood. Almost all of my presents were Passover Seder dishes and pieces to accompany the meal. I was so excited because Jon and I were just talking about having our Seder meal in a few weeks! I also get to share about Passover at school, so now I have some of my own dishware to bring in. Thanks again mom; what a great surprise, they are very special gifts to me!
On Sunday, mom and I had lots of things planned, but only made one of those things happen: Puppy Palace. Oh, we saw lots of cute dogs! I think Jon was proud of me when I came home with nothing and said "no" to the sales woman on a very nice doggy! Look how good I've become, tada! But, that doesn't mean I don't want a playmate for Pocket... It was fine that we didn't get much done on Sunday, because we just needed some rest and relaxation. We ended up hanging around the house a bit and watching some older shows that we like.
Monday, though, was our busy day. I surprised mom by taking the day off from work, so I could spend more time with her. I was also planning on taking her to my Trinity woman's bible study, but unfortunately, it was canceled. First, we went to IKEA and wondered around a bit and of course, ate some Swedish meatballs and lingonberries! After that, we were able to run a few other errands and then returned home. It was so wonderful, mom offered to cook us some beef barley soup and Nona's pasta sauce so we could freeze some and have it ready to eat. So, she spent time making that on Monday night and Tuesday. Jon and I have been scarfing the refrigerated ones and look forward to thawing the rest in the future.
Mom and Jon brought me to work on Tuesday and mom got to see my classroom again and meet some of my kids as well as my co teacher. But, it was really sad to say goodbye and see her go. I really enjoyed my time and was definitely more relaxed and feeling better after getting to be with my mom. I am grateful that I get to see her in a month at a woman's retreat in WI!
Thank you so much for coming, hoodie! Love you lots!
3 comments:
Ohhhhhhh! you're gonna make me cry all over again! YES, it was a very sweet time, and you described it so very well, Love-Dove! I felt as though i were reliving its special joys and warmth once more! Blessed me deep within! And thanks again for you and Mr Jon allowing me to share the time and space with you. (plus your surprise note and call, you rascal!)
l's and td's,
your smh xoxoxoxoxoox
I'm so glad you had a great time with your mom. She took good care of you with both some inner and outer needs! Did Molly lick your mom's cheek when she got there like she did for us when we visited?
Love you both (and Molly too)
Anika, It sounds like a wonderful visit. Just what the doctor ordered.
:)
Post a Comment