My hatred for squirrels, I believe, really started with a discovery by my dad: our childhood/family camper was completely ruined by squirrels over the winter. Ahhhhhhhh! Makes me want to scream. I'm sure my parents actually did scream. But, my hatred for them has become even worse in the last few weeks. I first noticed the problem awhile after we moved in. We heard lots of running around above our heads on the second floor. Jon called maintenance and they said they would set out squirrel traps. Well, nothing's changed. A few weeks ago, I saw raccoons running across our roof as I entered our place. But lately, it's been a lot worse. During all times of the day, we have heard them scratching and rolling things around and running and what not above my side of the bed. I just can't stand that sound! Apparently, they have their little home above our bedroom. Fun. And during all times of the day, I mean all times. Nightime, dawn, mid-morning, noon, mid-afternoon, evening, well, you get the picture. So, the last few nights, I have been kept up and awoken by these annoying little creatures. These are the times I wish I had my pellet gun here. I'm also starting to think that this guy has the right idea. The only thing stopping me is, how would I retrieve their nasty little bodies. I sound gross, don't I? But, this is how I feel! I hate being awoken and kept up by them rolling around above my head. What makes it worse is that unless it is causing a health problem or is unsafe, our landlords won't do anything about it. I also can't just call pest control and give them the bill, darn. So, I'm hoping that maybe they'll pee so much that it'll leak through the ceiling. Gross, right? I must sound desperate. Well, as in an effort not to be that desperate, I looked up some options online. The best option I came up with was setting up a strobe light to make their living arrangements so uncomfortable, that they vacate them. Well, I'm assuming we don't have an outlet up there to plug one into. Jon did find some battery operated ones on Amazon. But, who would've thought in your online budget that they don't have a heading by the name of Evacuation/Termination of Squirrels. We'll see if this acorn rolling game continues or not, but after a few days of less sleep, I'm already ready to put money down on that light! Stay tuned for what happens in our crazy squirrel adventures, and if you have any ideas on how to safely and cheaply remove these little guys, by all means--HELP!
1 comment:
Try earplugs. If you use the squishy, pliable kind you will still hear your alarm clock but it will drown out the noises on the roof. Who taught the rascals how to go bowling anyway?
Post a Comment