Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Spring Walk=A Bath for Pocket

Yesterday was a gorgeous day! I have been really missing the sun; I don't think I have had cabin fever as bad as I have the last few weeks. It's really quite sad, when I take the kids outside, I face the sun trying to catch some Vitamin D on my only exposed skin: my cheeks. So when the sun came out yesterday and warmed us up to a nice 45 degrees, it felt like a heat wave! I took advantage of the nice weather and took Molly on a nice, long walk around our complex. We had a lot of fun looking around at birds and other such things. I'm sure Molly had fun sniffing new things and seeing new people and dogs, as she felt the need to bark at some other little dogs, just to show who was boss, I suppose. Because of the sun, the snow was obviously starting to melt and form wonderful puddles. Unfortunately, I didn't have my puddle jumping boots on, but Molly certainly didn't care if she had hers on! Molly rarely jumps or goes around a puddle. So, you can imagine what her fluffy white feet looked like by the end of our walk. Yeah, yucky. When we got back to the house, she wasn't even allowed to put one little paw down, she went right into the tub.
I really don't mind bath time, I think it's pretty fun. Most of all, it's funny to see Molly's fluffy fur be wet down and her to look like a drowning rat. Jon and I are always amazed at how big and fluffy she looks, especially her legs, and when they're wet, they are just little sticks. I called Jon upstairs to partake in laughing at Molly. The poor thing, just was patient and took it; you'll be able to see that in her pictures.
Notice her stick legs.
Good baby!

Clean baby!

Now, she is so soft, fluffy, clean, and smells wonderful!
Good Pocket! Now, the next task is brushing her...her least favorite task.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a good mama to take such good care of her! I KNOW how many baffers you've given her, Anika, from the time you got her! All the special shampoo and meds when some of her fur WASN'T so fluffy!
and yea... i know your ulterior motive is for clean paws, but thanks for your loving heart towards that little muttly pocket!
(btw, thanks for the stick leg pics!)

Robyn said...

during spring time, Ringo is a pig rolling in the mud. Just think of that when Molly's paws are dirty. There is a good chance Ringo is sporting that brown spring coat.