Monday, March 22, 2010

TWF!

I just returned from my Trinity Wives' Fellowship bible study. We have been working on the book Lord, I Want To Know You by Kay Arthur. I started attending the Bible study around mid-February, so I've still been adjusting and getting to know the women. But tonight, I really began to feel connected to the women and feeling more like a Trinity Wife! I found out one other woman has only been in IL as long as Jon and I have and they are far from family, so we are kind of in the same type of adjustment period as well as the same age. But, a big difference is she has a young, baby boy. We both realized us and our spouses are looking for some friends and so I got to talk more with her. Hopefully we will be able to get together with our hubbies in the next few weeks. I was happy to have found a friend and also found out that her husband shares the same Monday night class with Jon, that occurs during Bible study. So, that's also fun!
Anyways, my adjustment here has been pretty slow. But I think that it's starting to be better as I've been more connected and feel more comfortable with other Trinity Women, who are going through the same things as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool!
So, does TWC stand for Trinity Wives Connection or Class or Chum or ??
What a fun thing for both of you gals! And for you, as whole, in the group. There's NOTHING like a Women's study!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anika said...

haha, I suppose they could have stood for either of those things, but I printed a retraction. Not sure where the "C" came from. Maybe I was really hoping for a chum.

Diane said...

Hi honey,
I'm so very glad you met a friend and possibly one for Jonathon, too.
These could be very long lasting relationships as the years go on. I know my dad still has friends he knew in his early ministry and sem days. Grandpa and grandma pray for you every night before bed.
Love Diane