As many of you know, I do have a special place in my heart for Japan and it's people. This started to grow after being there in the summer of 2005. During that time, I traveled to Japan by myself to work with some missionaries that I was connected with through other missionaries we knew growing up. My experience there was amazing and I have always wanted to return and help with the slow growing church there. Working with the people there and learning about them while ministering to them meant so much to me. I was so happy to be able to bring Jon to Fukuoka while in Korea to visit the missionaries that I had worked with and also give him a short experience of Japan! So, when I heard about the earthquake and devastating tsunami in Japan, I was suddenly overcome with a heaviness in my heart for the people and all that occurred. I am just hoping that this will be a time for revival and time to come to the Lord. Especially since I learned how slow the growth in churches and Christians can be. Last year when the Haiti earthquake occurred, our church began a ministry called Churches Helping Churches and I was so excited to have a ministry within our church and around the world that was dedicated to helping people through re-building churches and reaching out to people's needs through a Godly mindset and view.
Here you can go to the Churches Helping Churches site to look at what they're doing to help Japan or also to give if you feel led to do so. The site also gives ideas for how to pray better for the country and its people, so that is also very helpful. Thank you so much!
Anika
Below is a video from Churches Helping Churches that was shared at our church.
No comments:
Post a Comment