I recently discovered this site: ReadySetEat I haven't done anything with it yet except browse through the different categories. But, it seems to be pretty easy, yet helpful for busy wives and moms. You can also sign up for a newsletter that comes every two weeks with new updates on recipes and meal ideas. I like the fact that when searching for recipes, you can specifically choose healthier meals and they will give you many wonderful options. And if you find one that you like, you can put it in the online "Recipe Box" to save for later. But that's not all! You can also narrow down your search by choosing how much prep time and cook time the meal takes as well as what type of main ingredient you want. Also, when you plug in your zip code to the site, when you are looking at ingredients, it will give you a sign that looks like this:
. This tells you that it is on sale at the store(s) in your area that you previously chose as well as how long the sale is for. I do like to plan my meals ahead of time (when possible) using what we already have or what might be on sale that week. So, it's a nice little feature that helps in showing you prices while planning your meals. Although Jon and I are very good at throwing things together and making a meal, I do like to have a plan or at least somewhere to go to find a quick option when time is short. Like I said, I haven't looked at everything on the site yet, but it looks like a nice option if you need an idea for a quick and easy recipe!
2 comments:
What an innovative idea! Never saw a site like this! GREAT features and thanks for passing on...Wondering, do they have "easy recipes" you can access when you type in a few of the ingredients you have on hand already and/or that you feel like having, like some kind of cheesey thing etc? That would be great!
Thanks lovey-dimps!
your smh xoxoxoxoxo
Cool, kid! I was just wishing I knew where our weekly ads went!
xo
Post a Comment