Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cheese Head

I just got home from a long day of work and a meeting afterwards. I was walking out of the center with two women and they were talking about the cold and how horrible it was (it's around 20, feels like 10 or something). Here I was with my coat unzipped, no mittens, no hat, "Ooohhhhh, it's not so bad, this is pretty warm!" One girl replied, "Are you crazy?!" The other woman, Nicole, replied, "Oh, Anika's a country girl from Wisconsin, that's why she's like that." Again, I replied, "Really, it's really not that bad, I'm used to much worse." As we parted ways, Nicole joked about cheese being a fun thing and I was confused why it was a joke....So, I replied, "Actually, cheese is a big deal and I love going to Cheese Houses!" And again, Nicole joked about going to a cheese house to try all the cheeses and I said, "Absolutely, it's the best, I think it's great fun!" I even shared with her that some people do nickname me "The Cheese Girl." It's a fair guess that she might think of me as a crazy Wisconsin Cheese Head, but I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Of course. (to both the temperatures and the cheese observations.) See below in the C.E.Cheese comments. :-)
signed,
the little Cheese Girl's mother

Anders said...

I love cheese. It is a big part of my life.

Anonymous said...

How this for a bumper sticker, "Cheddar is Beddar"?