Thursday, January 7, 2010

Made Especially For My Nonie!

This post is going to be for my Nona, so readers other than her and my family might not find it interesting. My Nona's been in the hospital and I thought she'd like to look at something especially for her to cheer her up a bit!

My Nona, I have some pictures and maybe a video or two to show your peepers something different. Don't worry, you don't have to look at it all at once!

This is when Anders married Emily in Arizona. Did you like
the warm weather there? It's so cold in Duluth, right?

Here is when I married Jonathon (remember that "handsome boy",
as you prefer to call him). Look at Jornie being so silly with Evan!

This picture is a favorite memory of mine because
when we were
trying to take the picture, you kept
pinching both of our butts like you always do!


Nona, you just looked so awful pretty that you became
even more of a ham for the camera!

Here are some friendly faces you've been seeing a lot
lately, right? What great visitors!

This was from a fun weekend of marathon earring making! I think
we have some pretty special women in our family, don't you?

This is just a dopey picture from Korea that I thought
you might like. I am next to a guard outside of an old palace.

Surprise!! I bet you didn't expect this picture! I know how much
you love Johann The Cat! Look at him hiding in a
plant basket watching for birds outside.


This is our dog Molly playing with
her Dolly and I think it is funny how fluffy she is
and how she bounces around, just watch!


I thought you'd like this video because it is when Molly
was not feeling well in Korea (look at her saaaaaad face!).
To make her feel better, Jon sang to her. I know you love to sing,
so below you can listen to someone sing Amazing Grace to you!


I know how much you love Amazing Grace, and I bet
that Debbie or Carla will sing it to you to make you feel better like Molly!

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.


Love you lots, Nonie!
Anika

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is all very very sweet, Anika. and so thoughtful. i'm sure it will mean a lot to her. especially your personal video to her at the end. i know it wasn't easy for you. thank you very much. i'll show nona tomorrow and sing her favorite hymn. i don't even think ive sang that one to her yet this week.
love, mom

Anonymous said...

nonie and i just watched "part 2"! and listened to and watched your special message to her 2 times today. She paid very close attention again and even tried to "talk" at the end of the last message just now. :-)))
I'm sure she is saying, "THANKS, ANIKA ROO, ANIKA PYOO! I LOVE YOU!!!" xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anika said...

So glad that she was able to watch it and seemed to enjoy it and everything! Thanks hoodie!