I meant to post these pictures about six months ago, but I did not have them until now. This is one of my favorite stories about Molly and I really wish I had witnessed it for myself. But, you will have to take the second-hand version from me.
When Jon and I took our little trip to Japan in October, we left Molly with her Aunt Betsy. Betsy was my co-teacher from POLY that went to the shelter with me when we brought Molly home. Therefore, she is Molly's aunt. I knew Molly would have a great time with Aunt Betsy and that she would take great care of Molly. Betsy even began the beginnings of Molly's house training, which helped greatly as we transitioned to the States and we were no longer living on the 12th floor or 1/4 mile away from any bit of grass. Betsy was so faithful in letting Molly go out and do her thing. And poor Molly, the only place she could do her business in the different neighborhood, was in this little 4x4 patch of grass. But Betsy was a great aunt and took her to a park to get some exercise and outside time as well. Another teacher came with on the park adventure and had a great time. While they were at the park, a little Korean girl ran up to Molly and was really intrigued by her, I guess. I can only imagine how Molly greeted the little girl. The little girl continued to watch and follow her. Then, the girl picked up a leaf and tried to feed Molly, she kept saying, "Meogeureo!" the Korean word for "eat". But, Molly just stood there, not opening her mouth and instead trying to look away. Well, the girl kept telling her, "Meogeureo!" So finally, as to not be rude, Molly took a bite of the leaf to appease the girl. She was very happy, the girl that is. I just love it when Betsy tells this story, so here are some pictures that narrate it. Also, you can see her short hair cut, although this is long compared to what it had looked like two months prior to this day! Her haircut does not make me miss Korea, but the pictures, friends, and funny Korean stories make me miss it a lot!
Janis and Molly. Molly is distracted. Pretty park!
Notice the girl's face, of course she's fascinated and in love!
Aunt Betsy with Molly while she is fed a leaf.
Janis and Molly. Molly is distracted. Pretty park!
Notice the girl's face, of course she's fascinated and in love!
Aunt Betsy with Molly while she is fed a leaf.
3 comments:
Is that so cool! Molly understands Korean! Of course, she's a Korean street-fightin' dog!
"Meogeureo, Molly!"
, 몰리 먹어!
LOL!
And I do know that Betsy was a good auntie more than once! Thanks, Auntie Bets!
your mother is right. Molly is in Super Street Fighter 2, but only on arcade as an unlockable character.
also made a cameo appearance in Mortal Kombat 2. Jon knows about that one.
NO NO NO! SORRY ANDERS G! She's NOT THAT kind of street-fightin' dog! YUCKO! She is a tough and wiry little muttly who had to find her way along the streets....that's why i call her that. Ms. Survivor! And how glad we are that she survived those wild streets of Seoul! :-)
Post a Comment