Friday, February 26, 2010

Sickie

Today, I unfortunately had to call sick into work. A sore throat came on last night and I was up most of the night bothering me (and bothering the Boy). I woke up with a nice manly voice, a scraping and aching sore throat, deep cough, and stuff/runny nose. Yay. Even though I'm sick, I am thankful that I haven't been sick for a long time. I was very surprised that I haven't been more sick, especially working with preschoolers. So, I really am grateful for the good health that I have had. Even though I had to miss school, I did get some special cuddle time with the Pocket; she's so lovable! The Boy has been careful not to be too close so he doesn't get sick before midterms, but he has been so sweet in other ways. He surprised me by bringing home my favorite soup, Progresso chicken noodle, Gatorade, and Snack Pack pudding (just like Nonie). What a sweetie. I sure hope that he doesn't get sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will pray that your recovery is swift and that Mr. Jon is protected from anything dibilitating!
Thanks, Jonathon for being such a good egg to your Girl!
xoxo

Diane said...

So sorry you got sick Anika! Bob caught a cold on Tuesday night. I haven't had anything. I'll pray you recover quickly and that Jon won't get too sick if he catches a bug.